LK 130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sparky

Feb 24, 2012
Southern Vermont
Just waiting until Monday to call Tarm, but I noticed the last couple of days my house temps have been lower than normal. It has a couple of degrees colder than thermostat is set at. I checked mt LK 130 thermostat and it had a reading of 68 degrees (I wouldn't mind 68 degrees in VT) but actually it was 31 degrees outside. The settings won't allow me to adjust that much of difference. Just wondering if anybody had any ideas what this could be? Bad outdoor sensor?

Checked both ends are solid connections one is the probe the other has a modular plug like a phone
I even tried to do a clear all reset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I can do a ohm reading the probe is sealed at that end and the other end plugs into controller
I will look at modular plug and see if I can get a reading
I have some small probes I use on my generators it might work
There are 4 contacts maybe they use the inner 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don’t have to worry about a reading at the probe end , both leads will give a ohm reading that can be translated on a chart to temp. This will work if it’s a 10k ohm sensor, go online and look up a ohms to temp chart for a 10k ohm sensor, it’s a common sensor for this sort of thing , the leads have to be removed from the terminals to get a reading.

All fixed. It was a bad probe. Good thing I live close to Tarm. Called Monday am had part Tuesday afternoon. Thanks TCaldwell for your help.

Reactions: Chris Hoskin