Sparky Posted By Sparky, Mar 3, 2018 at 10:34 AM

1. Sparky

Sparky
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2012
    Loc:
    Southern Vermont
    Just waiting until Monday to call Tarm, but I noticed the last couple of days my house temps have been lower than normal. It has a couple of degrees colder than thermostat is set at. I checked mt LK 130 thermostat and it had a reading of 68 degrees (I wouldn't mind 68 degrees in VT) but actually it was 31 degrees outside. The settings won't allow me to adjust that much of difference. Just wondering if anybody had any ideas what this could be? Bad outdoor sensor?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TCaldwell

TCaldwell
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2007
    Loc:
    860-868-9014 h 203 948 0864 c nw corner ct.
    Hi sparky, check the sensor specs possibly you could ohm it out to check accuracy. Are the wires tight in the terminals?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sparky

Sparky
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2012
    Loc:
    Southern Vermont
    Checked both ends are solid connections one is the probe the other has a modular plug like a phone
    I even tried to do a clear all reset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. TCaldwell

TCaldwell
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2007
    Loc:
    Out of curiosity I’d take a ohm reading on the outdoor sensor before the modular plug and one at the lead ends?

5. Sparky

Sparky
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2012
    Loc:
    Southern Vermont
    Not sure if I can do a ohm reading the probe is sealed at that end and the other end plugs into controller
    I will look at modular plug and see if I can get a reading
    I have some small probes I use on my generators it might work
    There are 4 contacts maybe they use the inner 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. TCaldwell

TCaldwell
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2007
    Loc:
    You don’t have to worry about a reading at the probe end , both leads will give a ohm reading that can be translated on a chart to temp. This will work if it’s a 10k ohm sensor, go online and look up a ohms to temp chart for a 10k ohm sensor, it’s a common sensor for this sort of thing , the leads have to be removed from the terminals to get a reading.

7. Sparky

Sparky
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2012
    Loc:
    Southern Vermont
    All fixed. It was a bad probe. Good thing I live close to Tarm. Called Monday am had part Tuesday afternoon. Thanks TCaldwell for your help.

Chris Hoskin likes this.
  8. TCaldwell

TCaldwell
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2007
    Loc:
    Temp sensors can be flukie, a non moving part, works one day and not the next!
    Glad it’s resolved.

Chris Hoskin likes this.