Load of locust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
easter cuttin 003.jpgView attachment 65255

Reactions: ScotO and smokinj
Ooooo, that's purty.
To a wood dealer, that's two pickup loads. ;lol

Lots of BTU's there.

I always knew a 1/2 ton PU could haul over a ton :)
A "Daylight load", headlights point to the moon at night instead of the road ahead.
Don't mind the mule load the wagon !

Premium fire wood for sure, nice stacks behind the truck too
Jealousy here, we still have snow, but it's melting during the daytime.

I'm impressed with the loading job.

Wish I could find some of that mythical firewood. It's as rare as hedge around here. You can find it if you look hard enough. I have a few honey locust in my little woods, but they're only 6-8" across, at most. And the thorns are quite intimidating.

Sweet!

Now thats using your noggin. Thats some great wood youve got there. That locust is on the higher end of the BTU spectrum my good man.

Yeah, heck of a job loading the truck... A few rounds appear to defy gravity on that load. Good score!

Nice clean looking locust! I get 1 pound of carpenter ants per 10 pounds of locust around here.

Reactions: Hickorynut
Good score I still havent figured locust out to see what the hype is all about.

Good score I still havent figured locust out to see what the hype is all about.

Well I love it because it is fun to split as it cracks open like a walnut, it seasons almost immediately, and when tossed on top of some coals in the furnace it seems to burn much hotter and longer than most all of the other wood species with a pretty blue flame, that load pictured looks like so much fun to split I would do it for free and reload it for him, and then take the pia silver I have been working on and take it to the dump.

Reactions: blujacket
All this locust is getting me excited to cut those 4 honey locusts this summer. My all-time favorite, that black and honey locust........great score!!

Well I love it because it is fun to split as it cracks open like a walnut, it seasons almost immediately, and when tossed on top of some coals in the furnace it seems to burn much hotter and longer than most all of the other wood species with a pretty blue flame, that load pictured looks like so much fun to split I would do it for free and reload it for him, and then take the pia silver I have been working on and take it to the dump.
Don't throw that maple out! Mix that silver maple and locust together in the stove and sit back and enjoy for HOURS. The silver maple gets going first and the locust makes it last and last. Both of those woods deserve a place in the woodpile. I take all of each that I can get

Reactions: Hickorynut
Status
Not open for further replies.