load of wood just the right price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tumm21

Jul 16, 2011
North Jersey
I just recieved a load of maple (thats what the tree service said). The price of what looks like maybe a cord and half to two cords was FREE. YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA.
Its all bucked and ready to be split. Can you guys send me some picks of different kinds of maple bucked so I can see what kind of maple it is. Is all maple good? Some of the rounds are about 30 inches in diameter. Looks like two different kinds of maple. On one the bark is more silver looking and another is more brown. Thanks guys

How 'bout you posting a picture of what you've got and let the guys here help identify it, rather than have a bunch of guys send a bunch of duplicate pictures.

Had a silver barked maple in our yard where I grew up. My dad called it a silver leaf maple and it was very soft wood. We had to cut it down because it mated with a cottonwood and turned into a massive cotton producing machine from hell.

Great score.
Does type matter that much, sounds like you have some serious BTUs for next year & all you have to do is split & stack.
Pictures of it CSS are nice. :)

Free wood is always good wood in my book . . . well maybe except if it was full of carpenter ants or all punky. ;) :)

good score! free heat! i like burning silver maple, seasons quick

Firewood is like golf balls. The best ones are the ones you find and the ones people give you.

tumm, for posting pictures, I put them on photo bucket. From there you can just click on the address and then post it in hearth.com. For posting, look for the "IMG" button on the top. You need to use Post Reply rather than Fast Reply to get that "IMG" button or it will be there for new threads and quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.