Loaded with as much maple, elm, and beech as I dare

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowfreak

Nov 18, 2005
Altona, NY
I'm not sure how much wood the trailer holds but it was enough weight to put the ATV in 4wd and still give it a hard time. Next time I do believe I will have about half that load and just make more trips.

Attachments

• wood5.JPG
    wood5.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,032
I'd say that's about a quarter of a cord, or just shy of a face cord. Looks like a good place to cut wood.

I loaded so much wood into my truck bed that I think I damaged the suspension last time. it seems to sit just a tiny bit slanted now. This was my first truck so I didn't know to get heavier suspension. Live and learn.. I'd definately say take more trips. No point destroying your equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.