Local TSC Countyline 25 ton black friday prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

whtl4856

Feb 14, 2020
SE Michigan
Hey all,

For the past few years it seems that TSC has had the countyline log splitter for $799 on black friday ($200 off), I was planning on buying it this year but to my disappointment it is $899 at my local store.

I found this thread from last year: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/200-off-county-line-25-ton-on-sale-at-tsc-899-00.178395/

It shows the splitter has different prices in different areas; Is anyone with a TSC add seeing prices other than 899 for the 25 ton? I have tried a few different stores in Ohio and SE Michigan but I can only find a price of $899 across the board.

Thanks! Wouldn't mind taking a short drive to save $100 or seeing if price matching is possible.

Same price over here.

Same here.

1606451895048.png

Thanks. I checked a few stores a that were about as far as I’d be willing to drive to save 100 bucks and they all had the same price so I picked it up locally this morning. Looking forward to getting some of my rounds processed now.

Reactions: JRHAWK9
I posted in last year's thread about trying to get a price match to the cheaper zone. It is at the manager of your local store's discretion. It is worth a call to your local store. Last year I got agreement from our local store to come down a $100, but we were at the highest of the sale prices.

And as per last year, we are again at the highest of the three zones (outside NYC)--$999 is our stunning sale price.

I posted in last year's thread about trying to get a price match to the cheaper zone. It is at the manager of your local store's discretion. It is worth a call to your local store. Last year I got agreement from our local store to come down a $100, but we were at the highest of the sale prices.

And as per last year, we are again at the highest of the three zones (outside NYC)--$999 is our stunning sale price.
I didn’t ask for a price match because I couldn’t find any cheaper prices at any stores, even the ones that were cheaper last year. I looked at all the zip codes from last years threads and found higher prices but none lower.

I paid $899, I’m planning to post a review on here after I put a couple tanks through it. There is a lot of info available on the older 22 ton but not as much on this newer 25 ton which is made by a different company.

If it helps, I bought one last year for $899 and it does everything I want. Looks like reasonable build quality. There are few vulnerable areas that someone may want to consider shielding (I havent yet). The filter is somewhat exposed to a split log dropping down on it and possibly snapping the pipe threads. The motor is also vulnerable to a dropped log on the other side. Its not a design defect as such but something to consider for an upgrade if oyu hanve some angle iron kicking around. . The beam was drilled for an attachment of an accessory table. i didnt put one on but it would help when solo splitting.

One minor design defect with the Kohler air cleaner. Its a plastic cover with a depressed section with a wing nut. There is hole in the center of the depressed section. Any rain or snow can collect in this depression adn eventually melt or leak into the box. The hole thankfully does not line up with carb throat so all it does is drips into the air box and out the bottom. Mine had been outdoors and I found some white rust and puddle of water in the filter cap inside. Nothing major. I solved it by putting an Oring on the shaft with washer on top of it under the wingnut to seal off the leak plus I normally keep it covered. I run ethanol free on mine and it starts with one pull.

IMHO a nice price for a reasonably fast splitter. I havent stalled it out yet.

If it helps, I bought one last year for $899 and it does everything I want. Looks like reasonable build quality. There are few vulnerable areas that someone may want to consider shielding (I havent yet). The filter is somewhat exposed to a split log dropping down on it and possibly snapping the pipe threads. The motor is also vulnerable to a dropped log on the other side. Its not a design defect as such but something to consider for an upgrade if oyu hanve some angle iron kicking around. . The beam was drilled for an attachment of an accessory table. i didnt put one on but it would help when solo splitting.

One minor design defect with the Kohler air cleaner. Its a plastic cover with a depressed section with a wing nut. There is hole in the center of the depressed section. Any rain or snow can collect in this depression adn eventually melt or leak into the box. The hole thankfully does not line up with carb throat so all it does is drips into the air box and out the bottom. Mine had been outdoors and I found some white rust and puddle of water in the filter cap inside. Nothing major. I solved it by putting an Oring on the shaft with washer on top of it under the wingnut to seal off the leak plus I normally keep it covered. I run ethanol free on mine and it starts with one pull.

IMHO a nice price for a reasonably fast splitter. I havent stalled it out yet.

Thanks for the tips. I got the log catcher which made splitting much more efficient for me and should eliminate the problem with the splits hitting the engine.

I had an issue with the engine on the one I originally bought (running too lean) and traded it in at TSC for another one that’s running much better.