Locked Threads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subsailor

Minister of Fire
Dec 8, 2011
Winthrop, Maine
Who has the ability to lock threads? I've never seen one before now.

Mods are the only ones. We mere members only have the ability to get them tossed to the can! :p
When a thread gets to the point of "nothing good will come of this" the Mods do a great job of trying to maintain decorum. As it relates to the most recent locked thread of yesterday....it would have been fun to watch but not productive for the greater good that we all try to participate in here. JMHO

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
website owner, mods......they control what can be posted, what cant, that's cool......the website owner quite rightly appoints mods with "like" feelings and leanings, and they kill the posts where it seems to be going wrong (to them).....

When a thread gets to the point of "nothing good will come of this" the Mods do a great job of trying to maintain decorum. As it relates to the most recent locked thread of yesterday....it would have been fun to watch but not productive for the greater good that we all try to participate in here. JMHO

I'm not sure the the reply's would have been all that fun to watch. Train wreck IMHO.

website owner, mods......they control what can be posted, what cant, that's cool......the website owner quite rightly appoints mods with "like" feelings and leanings, and they kill the posts where it seems to be going wrong (to them).....

I'm not touching dis one! _g

... As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, forum without end. Amen :cool:

Once again, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Status
Not open for further replies.