Log Lighter Valve for Gas Logs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholbry

Nov 12, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
A question....
I have a Blue Flame Log-Lighter valve in my wall. I did away with the old corroded pipe and bought a ceramic log set with burner, etc. Then I started 2nd guessing something. Will the Log Lighter valve be adequate to service a ceramic log set? Will it provide the correct volume of gas needed to create the desired flames for a ceramic log arrangement?

I'm hoping I won't have to crack into my wall a go replacing the valve (sheetrock repair, etc). Thanks for any help you can be.

Without knowing the BTUs required for your new log set & what size gas line is installed in your home,
there is no way for us to know if your log-lighter is adequate to meet your needs.
You will have to do some research...

Status
Not open for further replies.