Log Truck Day!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Also making progress on the stacks out back. When its all full its 8 cords. I have all the wood to fill them in the driveway (plus an additional 2 cords ish) just gotta process it all. Some already bucked, some fresh logs as you saw. Now if only the snow would stop for a week. 3-5" tomorrow. I think ill just buck...don't want to take the tarps off during snow. This spring I will get roofs on all 4.

I'm really pleased with the progress...and that my wife is letting me do it ;lol . I told her year one its critical to get ahead and here we are!

20210206_164204.jpg

20210206_163712.jpg

Last edited:
Also making progress on the stacks out back. When its all full its 8 cords. I have all the wood to fill them in the driveway (plus an additional 2 cords ish) just gotta process it all. Some already bucked, some fresh logs as you saw. Now if only the snow would stop for a week. 3-5" tomorrow. I think ill just buck...don't want to take the tarps off during snow. This spring I will get roofs on all 4.

I'm really pleased with the progress...and that my wife is letting me do it ;lol . I told her year one its critical to get ahead and here we are!

View attachment 273897
View attachment 273898
All I can say is, I understand. It'll be ok.

Reactions: thewoodlands
My brother in-law came over and helped me buck up the recent delivery. We got through 90% of it before the snow really started coming down and my back started to act up. I really need a cant hook with a stand...that's gonna be my bday present this year.

Also the saw was acting funny the first few logs...wasn't idling or hitting full RPMs. Took her apart and cleaned out the spark plug and air filter and that did the trick, cut like new. Always good to keep tools in top shape.

All these rounds were bucked today and there's what's left. Getting about 6" today then another dump on Thursday so who knows when I'll get to start splitting/moving wood. Might be a couple weeks. I'll let the back rest in preparation.

PS - Im in love with my LogRite pickaroon. Think the wife will let us incorporate it into adult time? ;lol

This morning:

81106.jpeg

Now:

20210207_144518.jpg

20210207_144524.jpg

Gordon:

20210207_083751.jpg

Finally caught a small break in the weather and was able to move the remainder of the split/stacked stuff in my driveway back to the wood racks. Was hard work going back to the old wheelbarrow method...I missed my tractor...but as you can see it was a little slippery back there. We even busted out a sled!

20210214_140706.jpg
20210214_140725.jpg
20210214_192359.jpg
20210214_104714.jpg

Expecting another 3-6" tonight...FML. :(

I managed to dig up a big old yard tarp so I was able to cover my maple rounds at least. The snow had mostly cleared from them and I wanted to keep it that way. The tarp is in questionable shape but it'll do for now. My oak rounds are still firmly snow/ice encrusted so a few more inches isn't going to matter.

I'll be able to start splitting one day... maybe in April at this rate! ARGH.

Finally caught a small break in the weather and was able to move the remainder of the split/stacked stuff in my driveway back to the wood racks. Was hard work going back to the old wheelbarrow method...I missed my tractor...but as you can see it was a little slippery back there. We even busted out a sled!

View attachment 274601View attachment 274602View attachment 274603View attachment 274604

A couple weeks ago I cut up some birch and apple at the edge of the woods behind my garage. That sled is exactly how I got it up to the house! It was even the same color orange! The things we do for firewood, lol.

I think I got it at Ace Hardware. My 5 year old son enjoyed pulling the wood more than the sledding lol. He totally has the bug already...my wife is so lucky! ;lol

Gotta ask where you get the wood from. I live in MA (between Boston and Providence and would love to have a source like that. Thanks (in anticipation of you sharing :)
I'm on the cape and happy to help. If you split and stack it I'll burn it. :)