longest burn time for 25-pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tedd

Nov 26, 2007
nw oh
i have a 25-pdvc dated 7/03. what setting should i use to get the longest hrs of burn out of 40lbs, if i have the heat set at 1 and the blower at 2-3? i dont need alot of heat where im using it, i just want to get the most hrs out of a bag of pellets. also, how many hrs should i get? right now i have it set at 1-2-1 and get about 19hrs. thanks

what, no advice? also what are the factory settings? i got the stove used and the guy i got it from told me about changing the settings to burn different, but he couldnt remember the origional settings.

ted, i can probably back you down some more, with low fuel feed at 1 and still hitting 19 hours thats a bit quick , i'd probably need to go over some things with you , tel ya what , pm me a phone number and i'll call you up , be advised though , im gonna be out of the net for the rest of the week , i gotta go play candid camera, im going to atlanta to do an install for HGTV , didnt wanna , but boss said ... you guessed it , i'll be back friday evening , i can buzz you then, sorry to be so long , but duty calls.

EDIT , by the way , if you are at 19 hours with the settings at 121 you dont want the defaults, somthing else is up , i'll fix you when you get back , should be able to squeeze another 5-6 hours out of a bag

Mike, wanna do a service call while your in Hotlanta? lol

Have fun in the big city but don't let the southern accent fool ya....it's not as friendly as it might seem....parts of the city you shouldn't venture into unless well armed.

Which show? Can't wait to see it!

Peg

hi peg,

migt could have if you were on route , alas though im back in virginia, just got in a few minutes ago and am playing catch up ball on the forum. i will be in my office tomorrow at 8 and also saturday morning from 9 to about noon, if ya want to give me a call please feel free. number is 800-245-6489

Thanks Mike but I was just kidding ya about the service call....I'm still shopping for an Englander and I doubt you'd want to work on my old Breckwell! ;-P

Hope you enjoyed the weather! Mid 60's sure is nice this time of year!

Peggy

Status
Not open for further replies.