Longest/Shortest burn time per bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Pretty much most of the talk about pellets concerns amounts of Ash, dirty, clean etc..

like for users here to post the longest continuous time u got from a "Named" bag or the shortest burn time from a bag of pellets...
Let's say it was in dead of winter and the stove would not be shutting down for some time so continuous burn time here is key... or Shortest as in," My stove ate up those @#$%^ pellets like Candy.... need pellet brand and Stove.....

Last edited:
My old Winrich Dynasty could mow through 40lbs in about 6hrs at max power. It was some pretty epic heat though, there weren't many opportunities to run it that hard, for that long. If I idle along with it it'll burn something like 30hrs.

That night it was 0 degrees I made 12 hours with a bag of 40 pounds of Cubex I have a 3 story house 2300 square feet and p68 is in the basement.
Milder weather I did 24 hours.
Stove temp, feed 3 , heat 3 for 12 hours
Stove temp, feed 2 , heat 1 for 24 hours

Last edited:
Just found out last night as it cooled off rapidly overnight and the stove had to run continuously.

10 hours on setting 8 of 9.

For reference, it runs 30 hours on setting 1 of 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.