Look ing For some Info on a Regency r3/r9

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyspade

Nov 2, 2014
ont, can
Im looking to buy a regency r3/r9. I have googled this stove . I have found the install info but cant find any info on how many sq ft can it heat, burn time etc?
My house is about 2200. Just want to make sure it big enough?

Thanks

Welcome :)

What I can find is those are medium-sized, early 90's built freestanders with 1.75 cu ft firebox. My initial thoughts are in Canada cold, it may be too small for your size house but that will depend on if you're burning wood that is well seasoned and dry. You'll have to be reloading that stove often. Is someone home 24/7? Is your home well insulated or not so much?

One of the experts will be by in a minute or 6, to give a lot more knowledge than me

found this on another site posted by a gentleman also living in Ontario (dated 2011), and no info on the size of his house:

Been runnin R-3's for 10 years now. Early 90's version. Have a steel baffle plate with a ceramic blanket. air wash system works great. I have only had routine service items on them over the years i.e. door and window gaskets, one door latch assy. and a new baffle every 3 to 5 years. Only down side for me was I needed a bigger firebox as 1.75 cf did not give me long enough burn times (24/7 user) so I sold one and kept one. They are like timex watches. Should work out A-1 for your dad's shop.

Timber Ridge NC 30 - Primary
Regency R-3 - Secondary

Did you end up buying a free-standing stove or an insert? What stove did you end up buying? (yes, I'm very curious by nature and always wonder what other people are choosing lol). I wasn't sure if this would be your primary heat source.

I bought a new pacific energy super 27 on a pedestal. It is my primary heat source. I have a newish oil furnace that I use about a half a tank a year on. Nice to have if u want to take off for weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.