Look what $50 bought.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
A little over 10,000 lbs of honey locust,the tree cutter would have had to pay the dump $180,he says he'll get me all i want of locust if I need it. Have at least 6 cords ready now but a little more can't hurt. locust.jpglocust1.jpglocust2.jpglocust3.jpg

Good hit

Excellent.

Locust in a Blaze King! You must get 6 day burns with a full load.

love locust dries quicker than oak and just as hot

Fifty bought lots of work,just cut it all,two chains and 5 fill ups on the saw,splitting underway.

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 135
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: thewoodlands
Great score and a good price. I do wonder why it cost anything at all. The other option was for them to haul it and pay $180 or drop it for free. Of course, $50 allows you to get the next load, and the load after that!

Great score and a good price. I do wonder why it cost anything at all. The other option was for them to haul it and pay $180 or drop it for free. Of course, $50 allows you to get the next load, and the load after that!
I see this guy often while working,he does a lot of tree work in my area,he would have given it to me,however, I believe in giving something,more locust will be forthcoming eventually. Not interested in anything but locust from now on.

You have way too much wood for one guy to handle, I'd like to offer my services and lighten your work load, just trying to help a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: Zack R
You have way too much wood for one guy to handle, I'd like to offer my services and lighten your work load, just trying to help a friend.
I hear ya,last year i offered a ton of white ash to anyone living in Northeast Ohio for literally peanuts about 4 cords split ,ready to go not one taker?