Looking for advice Oval Double Walled Stove Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Phillips

Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Hello All,

I am reinstalling a Vermont Castings Wood Stove in my house. I am interested in using Ultrablack Double Walled adapter from Oval to Round connection. ( 8 inch).

I have a picture posted below and wondering whether I will be able to attach a double walled pipe to the lip sticking out from existing pipe I have ( in the picture ) Or does double walled pipe have special attachement clips. Do I just use metal screws? Also do I need to use sealent when joiining the pipe or will the screws surfice.

M last question is does anybody know a good installer in the Toronto area, No one seems interested in helping me with this project, and I am willing to pay.

Help,

Matt

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 111
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.