Q&A Looking for damper

QandA Posted By QandA, Oct 5, 2001 at 2:20 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    New Member 2.
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012

    I was hoping you could help me find an after market damper for a masonry fireplace. Mine is rusted out. I remember reading in a home mechanics magazine a few years back about such a damper that installed from the top of the chimney with a cord that went down the length of the chimney and could be activated from the fireplace opening. Easy installation if I remember correctly. Do you have any info on such a damper or any suggestions?


    Yes- there are quite a few "top sealing dampers" that use cables attached to a top sealing device to replace your damper. - Brand names are Lymance and Chimalator - Lymmance currently maintains a link (as of 4/2000) at https://www.hearth.com/prod.html

    Link: HearthNet Products
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page