looking for eko dealer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bois3

Feb 10, 2008
Eastern Ontario
Hello everyone, This is a great forum and I have learned alot about heating with hydronics. I am currently heating my 1500 sq ft stone home with a wood stove and have been for approx 8 years. My back up heat is oil forced air. The house is fairly well inulated with the exception of one corner in my kitchen which I have plans to do this summer along with that project I intend to install an eko 40. I have done all the caculations and they point to the 40. I will be installing the boiler in a unused shed in my yard and it will be plumbed to the house as well as my 800sq ft garage and my hot tub. I also plan to heat my DHW. I have some questions which I know can be answered on this forum.
1. Where is the nearest dealer in NY state? ( I live within 10 miles of the Ogedensburg bridge) I would like to investigate the pricing there as well as other supplies I will need.

2. There are many types of insulated Pex pipe on the market that is designed to be buried, which type would you concider to be the best bang for the buck?
I know many of you made your own pipe and did you find that route to be more economical.

3. How do I calculate what size to HX I will need for my hot tub and my DHW?

Just paid 99.9 cents for a liter of oil....Ouch!!!

Welcome to the Boiler Room, Dakota.

Here's the link for a NYS dealer. They also advertise here, though not in the Boiler Room. They also sell the BioMax.

http://www.ahona.com/products.html

Cozy Heat, one of our sponsors (top banner) also sells EKOs. They post the pricing on their website.

Here is the name and phone number for the importer of EKO in Canada:

Ken Herman
1-800-559-1550

I bought my EKO from Ken rather than from the U.S. because his shipping charges were only $300.00. Don't expect much support though, and if you deal with him question everything he says so you know exactly what your buying. There is a difference between the Standard and Super EKO for example. I have dealt with a couple of U.S. suppliers of the EKO and to be honest, I found them much more knowledgeable and helpful. Also in the U.S. you get a 5 year warranty and in Canada you get only one year.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.