Looking for info..older wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

COUNTRYSIDE

Hearth Supporter
Nov 14, 2007
NY STATE
Greetings all,new to this forum. I was looking on some info for a wood stove that I would like to refinish. Problem is I can not find any info at all. Hopefully someone here can help. The metal tag on the back of my stove says -Manufactured by Pioneer Castings
-Division, The Earth Stone, INC
-Model, Traditiors T-1000
-Dated, 1983

Does anyone on this forum have this stove OR know where I may be able to find some history/parts/info.

Thanks !!!!!!

Many stove companies went out of business in the mid and late 80"s for two reasons cheap energy cost and the strict up coming EPA energy and efficiency requirements Many small stove companies were hurting due to sluggish sales and did not have the R&D;or the money to build a compliant stove so the folded at one time there were over 250 manufactures and only 17 survived into the 1990's I believe you have one of the 200 plus companied that went out of business 20 years ago hopefully I am wrong and another poster has more info

Earth stove was purchased (friendly purchase) by Lennox Hearth Products - you know, Dave Lennox and all.

Earth made mostly steel stoves in their Oregon plant, but also imported some castings and stoves from Asia. This is one of them.

To get more info, you would need to find an dealer who used to sell Earth - I doubt Lennox is stocking parts, drawings and manuals for a stove that old. This was before clean burning units (to my knowledge)....it also was not a big enough seller for their to be 3rd party parts....at least that is my guess.

That's a correction on my part the stove is a T-100 NOT T-1000 as that was a mistake on my part.

Where may a be able to find a parts dealer for this older stove, let me tell you that this stove will look great after I refurbish it. Thanks so much for the reply's keep any known facts or info coming !!! I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.