Looking for manual for an old Volcano II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JStewart839

Nov 19, 2019
SE, NE
I've had a hard time searching to find a manual for an old Volcano II i recently purchased to heat my workshop. It has the blower underneath the stove, only the door on front and the bi-metallic damper on the back. There is also a slide lever on the back where the chimney pipe goes. I would like to know how to operate this stove correctly. Thanks and i apologize if this has been brought up and beat to death before.

If you dive into this wiki on the Defiance company you will find the manual for the Volcano III and if you keep scrolling down, info on the Volcano II.

If you dive into this wiki on the Defiance company you will find the manual for the Volcano III and if you keep scrolling down, info on the Volcano II.

Thanks! i looked through that earlier, but they are referencing items my stove doesn't have so i wasn't sure i was looking at the right thing. The pictures of the Volcano II in that manual don't look like mine. My blower is mounted underneath the stove and i don't have the secondary air rods sticking out the front as it references. I have the air damper in the back that has a handle you can turn that changes tension on the bi-metallic spring i am assuming. It has a slide gate on the top that covers the port to the back of the stove, below the chimney port. I can't see any tag on my stove, but it does have Volcano II cast in to the door of the stove.