Looking for recommendations in SE Mass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDDii

Mar 5, 2014
Southeast Massachusetts
This my third year burning pellets. Last year I burned CleanFire Pacific and the year before it was Green Supreme. CFP burned hot but ash was just as high as the GS. Would love to find something in the $300 range with a lower ash content.

These guys are in southeast MA, not sure exactly where you are, but they seem to deliver quite far. They have Platinum Pellets. I burned them last year and they were very good. I went through 2 ton during the coldest part of last winter. They produced a quarter of the ash that GS did in my Englander. They are $299. In CT, I've seen these at BT Pellet for $280, and two other places had them around $350/ton, so I'd say $299 is a good price for them.

http://www.pelletsdirect.com/Wood Pellet Pricing.htm

These guys are in southeast MA, not sure exactly where you are, but they seem to deliver quite far. They have Platinum Pellets. I burned them last year and they were very good. I went through 2 ton during the coldest part of last winter. They produced a quarter of the ash that GS did in my Englander. They are $299. In CT, I've seen these at BT Pellet for $280, and two other places had them around $350/ton, so I'd say $299 is a good price for them.

http://www.pelletsdirect.com/Wood Pellet Pricing.htm
Thanks for the info but this is probably to far for me. I only burn 1 ton and prefer to pickup myself. Need something closer to Brockton/Taunton area. I like the Platinum recommendation though.

Check out South Shore Wood Pellets.
Also Kirkey Masonry in Mansfield has Okanagon's.. I believe they quoted me around $300 for their super premiums (but I could be wrong may have been a pre-buy price back in August).
Also check the TSC in Taunton. Sometimes they have somersets and other big name pellets at a reasonable price.

Eastern ice in brockton has lgs, cubex and lacrete for $310. Cant go wrong with any one of those

Quarry Brothers in Rehoboth has multiple brands and offers delivery if you need it. They are right on Rte.44

Also check the TSC in Taunton. Sometimes they have somersets and other big name pellets at a reasonable price.
have you gotten somersets there and if so when

i've used 3.6 tons of lacrete last year, they seemed decent and are about $300/ton (they sell for like $360/1.2tons pallets). i haven't tried much else to compare to, but lacretes seem to be easily available.

They had them on and off last season. I didn't get any from there as I found cubex about 5 minutes down the road from me.
Never saw them there. I live right around the corner and stop by frequently in hopes they might surprise me sometime with a quality pellet. Best ive gotten out of there in the 4 years theyve been there is the awf pine pellets.

Never saw them there. I live right around the corner and stop by frequently in hopes they might surprise me sometime with a quality pellet. Best ive gotten out of there in the 4 years theyve been there is the awf pine pellets.
That's right it was the AWF they had their. It was a D'Darrios (Aubuchon style store) that had sets last year. But they were $7and change a bag...

Hi, if you don't mind picking them up Captain Bub's Marine in Lakeville has New England for 260. I had them delivered last season from Acushnet Alternative Fuel but this season it's around 350 delivered. Not sure if they serve Brockton but they might Taunton. On another note, i've read good things about Okanagan but am very wary and would want to try a bag or three first before getting a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.