Looking to switch from Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Snotrocket

Feeling the Heat
Sep 17, 2011
Maine
www.casecoltingersoll.com
I currently heat my house with a wood stove on the main floor of my 2 story house. I love the wood heat.

Over the summer I bought a Pleasant Hearth PH50CABPS on Marketplace for $300 off a widow to heat my 3 bay insulated garage.

I love the thing. I bought a pellet mizer and have it hooked to a wall thermostat so it can cycle on and off as needed to heat my garage.
Very, very close to the type of heat a wood stove puts out.

Onto my question. I would like to switch to a pellet stove in the house, but there are a couple things I don't like about the Pleasant Hearth stove.

It's not very attractive and the stove is a little loud.

What's out there for stoves that will hold 80#s of pellets, aren't annoyingly loud and look decent?

Under $2000 would be nice too.

Harman P68 holds 76 lbs. of pellets without the hopper extension, they produce great heat (even radiant heat, not just what the convection blower produces), they can be dressed up with different trim kits & ash door covers. You won't find them new for under 2k, but if you are patient, you could likely find a used one in your price range.

Last edited:
1.) What's out there for stoves that will hold 80#s of pellets, aren't annoyingly loud and look decent?

2.) Under $2000 would be nice too.
1.) They are all a lot louder than a wood stove.
2.) might be a problem for a good one.
Stove/pellet sales are way up this year..
So it's like buyin' a car..
Big money..

Dan

Reactions: Mt Bob
1.) They are all a lot louder than a wood stove.
2.) might be a problem for a good one.
Stove/pellet sales are way up this year..
So it's like buyin' a car..
Big money..

Dan
Yep,went and got another ton today,as the price is not going to drop next year,I do believe.

This stove is quiet because it does not use electric (gravity feed) and may be concidered a piece of art work. I have never used one or seen it run in person. But if you want quiet and under $2000 here you go. I don't think the dog or rock wall is included.​

US Stove Company 40K BTU Non-electric Pellet Stove - GW1949

1642083267482.png