lopi 1750

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

logman742

Dec 7, 2013
Oklahoma
temp will over 700 with air shut completely off is that normal or still okay.secondary are firing like crazy

Lopi Stoves are well-built and can take 700 degrees F. It sounds like your wood is dry enough, but you are probably waiting too long to start throttling back the primary air. I would recommend that as the fire brings the stove up to temperature, start closing the primary air supply in 25% increments. I would say if the fire is vigorous at 400 degrees stovetop, close it 25% then, let it sit for 3-5 minutes, and close another 25%. When it reaches 500 degrees stovetop, I would make sure that primary air is half closed. Then, wait 3-5 minutes and close another 25%. You want to get it to maximum reduction of primary air as soon as you can while maintaining a good secondary combustion and before it hits 600 degrees stovetop. If the secondaries stall, give it more primary air for a few minutes until they resume, then close it again.

Reactions: brad wilton
Status
Not open for further replies.