Lopi 400PS troubleshooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Curios, my Lopi 400 PS freestanding has a two prong system snap disk. I see in the troubleshooting guide there looks to be a three prong disk. My stove has been running fine for several years now but it keeps shutting down after about an hour or so and I can't figure out why.

Deep cleaned good. Even inside the exhaust fan box. Replaced the convection snap disk because it pretty much fell apart. The others are good though. I see in the diagram there is a blue, black and brown wire coming to the system snap disk. Mine only had the blue wire to the left and black wire to the right. No brown wire coming from the harness except the one that's supposed to go to the exhaust fan. I've not ever changed this disk and the stove like I said has been running for years without issue. Just trying to troubleshoot this but running out of ideas.

Cannot access my manuals right now. But,as you know,always best to diagnose the problem before throwing parts at it. Personally,I would replace the other 2 switches. they also can get weak with time. Also,a dirty or restricted room blower can cause shutdowns.

Thanks MtBob. I just blew out my exhaust pipe again and checked my gasket seals on the the door. The ash pan had a little gap so I adjusted it so get a solid seal.

Started it up again and its been running for about 40 minutes at about 2/3 speed. We'll see. I'm hoping blowing out my exhaust pipe up the chimney was the issue. The flames good and strong.

So, I'm at a bit of a loss. I've over the past few weeks had intermittent luck with my Lopi. I most recently burned it for about two weeks straight without any issues. On a few warm days I took the opportunity to shut it down and deep clean it. Fire chamber, inside the electronics area and even blew the exhaust pipe out along with sweeping my chimney.
Re-lit the stove it burned good for a week. Couple warm days I shut it down. Did another clean before lighting it. I burned for about an hour, shut down. Blew my exhaust pipe again. Re-lit it and it burned for about an hour. The exhaust fan stopped and the auger stopped and it shut down.
I pulled the exhaust fan, cleaned it again. Not real dirty. Flow valve tube, not dirty. Re-lit and it didn't burn an hour then started to shut down.
I don't know what's going on. I've looked the troubleshooting guide up and down without anymore ideas. The only thing I've seen different which has always been the case with the stove is it has a two prong system snap disk not a three which the manuals all show. There is not extra wire for a three prong so I don't know if it is factory or a mod.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks ahead
G-runner

G-runner probably to late to comment but
I just looked up trouble shooting guide for lopi 400 and found that 1991 and 1992 models had 2 wire system disc and 1993 and up have 3 wire disc