Lopi Answer-95 Door Gasket Diameter Size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SurfPine

Feb 7, 2022
Colorado
Hi everyone,

I am looking to see if anyone knows the correct size diameter door gasket for the Lopi Answer-95? I have done a lot of searching, both on here and google and cannot come away with an absolute of what diameter gasket size I should be using. This wood stove is new to me because of a house purchase and I do have the owner's manual, but the owner's manual only lists the replacement part number, 90-1511. When I search for that part number along with either Lopi or Travis Industries, hits are for 7/8" gasket but also mentions Travis Industries, Lopi, Avalon from a generic gasket replacement. I do find a commercial hit that shows part number 99900406, also a 7/8" gasket size, and only shows Lopi Answer, not specifically the Answer-95. I do understand there have been multiple models of the Lopi Answer, not sure if the gasket size changed over the models.

When I measure the current gasket material, I lightly pull a small section away and measure top to bottom where it doesn't seem compressed, using calipers I get 7/16". That is far smaller than 7/8" and can't believe a 7/8" gasket can fit. However, it appears as if a slightly larger gasket can fit in there than 7/16". I'm hoping someone on here has a Lopi Answer-95 and knows the exact gasket diameter I should be purchasing for replacement as there is a little bit of play when the door is latched shut, maybe 1/16". The handle side of the door appears as the gasket material is compressed a bit much, I know it should be replaced.

Everything actually works really well with the stove and I can get a hot and clean burn with it, no smoke. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide. For attention, a picture from the front of my house the other day after some snow here in the CO mountains.

Front yard.jpeg

Lopi uses a proprietary 7/8” gasket. Find your nearest dealer and they should have it.

Reactions: SurfPine
All Lopi & Avalon stoves new & old use ⅞ gaskets for the door. You can order it online if there aren't any dealers nearby...

Reactions: SurfPine
OK, thank you both. I guess the previous owner had it replaced or replaced with the wrong size door gasket, led to some confusion on my part but I want to make sure and use the proper gasket size.

Update. I did get 7/8" door gasket and installed it per the instructions. I get a nice, snug fit now. Thank you both for helping to clear me up concerning the confusion I had in the door gasket size!

Reactions: brickie