Lopi Endeavor 2020 NexGen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hap Shaughnessy

Nov 30, 2021
Vaughn Washington
We have had a Lopi Endeavor since April 2021 and burnt maybe a cord thru it and the fiber baffle is cracked already. In the updated manual it says cracks are ok but not missing pieces. In the previous edition of the Endeavor manual it says cracks are grounds for replacement. IMO they were getting enough crack complaints they changed the manual to say cracks in baffle are ok. I have 19 feet of DuraVent pipe straight thru roof and am using dry fir, cedar, and maple. The stove has never ben above 600 degrees and I have 3 Rutland thermometers in various spots to be safe. Anyone else have trouble with cracks in their NexGen Lopi baffle?

Yes, I am not a fan of fiber baffle boards. Usually the cracks happen when the baffle board is hit from below by a split or during cleaning, especially if hit by the sweeper's brush end.

Reactions: Hap Shaughnessy
I was watching an older Lopi Endeavor video on youtube. They made a point that they used firebrick in the baffle which was superior to fiberboard or other materials with binders. The statement wasn't in a newer video they made for the Evergreen.

?Is it feasible to replace the board with a better material cut to match? ?Maybe Lopi has some of the older baffles and they are the same dimensions? ?Stove (gasket, brick) adhesive to mend the fiberboard? Just brainstorming.

I was watching an older Lopi Endeavor video on youtube. They made a point that they used firebrick in the baffle which was superior to fiberboard or other materials with binders. The statement wasn't in a newer video they made for the Evergreen.

?Is it feasible to replace the board with a better material cut to match? ?Maybe Lopi has some of the older baffles and they are the same dimensions? ?Stove (gasket, brick) adhesive to mend the fiberboard? Just brainstorming.
I have a Lopi Endeavor purchased in 2010. It uses firebrick for the top, held up with two brackets. I have replaced the front bracket 3 times, twice under warantee and the third this year, cost me $60. You may be able to retrofit your
newer stove with firebrick.

I have a Lopi Endeavor purchased in 2010. It uses firebrick for the top, held up with two brackets. I have replaced the front bracket 3 times, twice under warantee and the third this year, cost me $60. You may be able to retrofit your
newer stove with firebrick.
Ouch! High maintanence!

All my 2010 Lopi Endeavor has cost me is an air tube roll pin ... one fell out and needed to be replaced. I might replace the fan in a year or so... it has gotten kinda noisy at times.

Unfortunate they moved away from use of fire brick on top .. as posted that was a previous selling point in sales videos.

Reactions: Hoytman
A friend has the original Endeavor from the late 1990s. It had steel tubes when it first came out. The front 2 rotted away after 12+ yrs of use. They were replaced in 2010 with new stainless tubes along with a fresh door gasket. The stove was moved to his woodshop in 2011 and still is in full service there. We put a Summit in the house. The Endeavor got a new door gasket last summer, but that is all the maintenance it's needed in 30 yrs.