Lopi Endeavor install (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2008
Middle TN
After a small delay waiting on some parts, our Lopi Endeavor was installed today. Enjoy the photos, as we hope to start enjoying the stove in the coming days! We're heating around 1,000 sq ft downstairs, and approximately 800 sq ft upstairs. Just to the right of the stove lies the stairwell, so I hope to get some decent heat traveling up there.

The double walled stove pipe transitions into a Class A SS pipe in the second floor in the unused corner of a bedroom. I'm going to get the wife's uncle who is our resident drywall master to enclose this for me, probably with a minimum 3" CTC. From there it has a short trip through the attic and has 4'6" out the roof. I'll post pics of that soon.

I'll do the first break in fire tomorrow night!

Endeavor nameplate:
Nameplate1.jpg

From the front:
Endeavor_front1.jpg

From the side:
Endeavor_side3.jpg

More side:
Endeavor_side2.jpg

Hearth pad from American Panel Hearth Products (Idaho Diamond style):
Hearth_pad1.jpg

Adapter going into the ceiling:
Adapter_1.jpg

Stairwell and hallway to the right:
old_living_stairwell.jpg

Very nice install, beautiful stove. You'll spend many a cold winter's evening around that stove with a smile on your face (wood fires seem to do that--maybe it's the hypnotic affect of the flames). Enjoy.

Nice! You'll be happy. I love my Endeavor. I'm heating about 800 sq.ft. down and 600 up. My stairwell is on the other side of the room, but when you stand on the stairs you can really feel the heat moving. Furthest downstairs bathroom still needs a space heater in the morning, but the rest of the house is pretty comfortable when it's been going all day. Looks like a pretty good setup.

wow, can ya really have that thing so close to the back wall? looks like a 5 or 6 inch clearance. and there's an outlet right smack dab behind it there too. i don't know much about lopi clearances.

if all is to code then fire her up :)

ansehnlich1 said:
wow, can ya really have that thing so close to the back wall? looks like a 5 or 6 inch clearance. and there's an outlet right smack dab behind it there too. i don't know much about lopi clearances.

With double wall, max CTC is 4.25". We went with 5.25" just to be sure. And that's from the back of the firebox, not the little heatshield on the back. It does look close, but according to Lopi, it's all up to spec. I hope so! :)

Now, pics of the Class A S/S pipe going through the living space (I seem to have an abundance of electrical outlets close to this stuff). This will be boxed in with 2x4s and drywall ASAP. Minimum CTC calls for 2", but I'm thinking of doing 3" for kicks n giggles.

Bedroom corner:
corner1.jpg

Again:
corner2.jpg

Ceiling:
ceiling1.jpg

Ceiling again:
ceiling2.jpg

Sticker on the S/S:
ClassA_UL.jpg

CTC on the backside of the stove:
CTC_wall.jpg

And finally, sticker on the double wall stove pipe:
DoubleWall.jpg

Pagey said:
ansehnlich1 said:

With double wall, max CTC is 4.25". We went with 5.25" just to be sure. And that's from the back of the firebox, not the little heatshield on the back. It does look close, but according to Lopi, it's all up to spec. I hope so! :)

It's all good. I'm amazed at how cool the sides and back of the stove are when my living room's intolerably hot. Did you get the blower? If this is your main heat source, you might consider it. I actually made my own with an old electric heater fan. Helps move the heat around.

We've spent the last 8 years heating with a combination of a heat pump/central heat & air system (one small unit for the upstairs, and one larger unit for the downstairs) and a small, wall mounted propane heater downstairs. Though the house is not that old, it's not insulated extremely well, and the windows leave a LOT to be desired. When the weather is mild (50s, upper 40s), the CHA systems do a fine job, and I will continue to use them in that capacity. However, once you dip into the low 40s, 30s, and especially 20s, the CHA system really, really struggle to keep up. In cold months, we pay around $300 a month to keep the house around 68 or 69F.

I grew up with wood head, so to me, 68F via an electric system is just too cool, no question about it. It will take me 5 or 6 seasons to "break even," but even with that being the case, you can't put a price on being comfortable in your own home. I look forward to spending some time with the wife and kids watching the fire. I also like the security offered in the event of a power outage, though they are not common in this area.

Every room in the house save the bathrooms and the laundry room have ceiling fans, so once I get the stove properly broken in, I will experiment with the ceiling fans and the fans on the CHA units to move heat around.

Status
Not open for further replies.