Lopi Freedom Air Control Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nosinjcted

Oct 17, 2014
Massachusettes
I have a Lopi Freedom, the air control lever down the bottom of the stove is kind of hard to move in and out. Is this normal? I have to give it a good yank, or a good push depending on which way it's going. My fiance wanted a lesson on how to work the stove so she can run it when I'm not around, so I had her move the control and she had trouble moving the lever, she's not weak and could do it, but had trouble at first. I always shrugged it off as that's how it's suppose to be, but maybe it's not? Can it be taken apart and lubed with something?

Yes it can be removed for cleaning and lube.
When you pull it out you can see a screw that stops the slide from moving out any further. Remove that screw and pull it out the rest of the way. There are 2 metal plates that have a few springs between them, make sure to keep the mechanism together. Or take a picture of how it looked when removed.
Use some copper anti/seize from the auto parts store.

I take it that the copper anti-seize can with stand the high temps that slide must see?

Looks like I'll have to take the blower off to get to that screw, is it easily accessible with the blower off?

I take it that the copper anti-seize can with stand the high temps that slide must see?

Looks like I'll have to take the blower off to get to that screw, is it easily accessible with the blower off?
Pretty easy. The blower has 2- 3/8" bolts located just above the air control rod.

The anti-seize worked great. My autozone didn't have the copper stuff but the silver said it was good up to 1600 degrees, so I figured I'd be fine with that. It was very easy to take apart, clean and put back together, it works great now. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.