Lopi Greenfield Not Seeming to Change Settings Lo to Hi?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoosanMan

Nov 29, 2014
NE Kansas
I installed the new Lopi Greenfield a couple weeks ago. We have been happy with it and running it on "smart" thermostat. I realized this morning it is not changing settings or at least I am not able to detect it is. When I put it into manual mode and cycle from low through high I don't see any change in flame size. This is all controlled by the remote wall thermostat. There are not manual knobs to adjust. I did a propane conversion and needed to install a stepper motor. See attached screenshot. Could this be the problem?? Local lumberyard where I purchased did not tell me I needed one so picked up a new one off of ebay. I appreciate any input.

Attachments

• stepper motor.jpg
    stepper motor.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 150
im not sure how big of a turn down that regulator allows, some are just 30% and wont make a huge difference in flame appearance,
you can test in/out pressure with a manometer and see if its working as designed...

im not sure how big of a turn down that regulator allows, some are just 30% and wont make a huge difference in flame appearance,
you can test in/out pressure with a manometer and see if its working as designed...

Thanks!, actually the turn down ratio is what they have really advertised. It turns down to 7,400 BTU. See attached screenshot. Wouldn't I notice that on flame?

Attachments

• turn down ratio.png
    turn down ratio.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.