Lopi Large Flush Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

@hoot , I can't understand, is that flame going from the cat or the first re-burn tube? Trying to see if the combustible smoke goes through the tubes first (as shown in the manual) and only then to the cat. On this video looks like it goes straight to the cat, and not the tubes, or does it?

The smoke does not go thru the tubes.
The tubes feed the air that make the flames do what you see there. (Though I have to say that my stove without tubes (only a cat) can do precisely the same, so tube air is not even needed for what you see above.)
After all of this the gases go thru the cat (if engaged).

The smoke does not go thru the tubes.
The tubes feed the air that make the flames do what you see there.
That's what I meant. It's not clear whether that flame is coming from the cat or from the tubes (because they feed fire with oxygen). Theoretically (from the manual) the smoke-for-reburn should pass the tubes, burn and whatever is left should go through the cat:
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 19.01.05.png

Although it might be that it goes straight to the cat because newer hybrid stoves have that baffle shorter than the older ones. Here is how the older one looked according to its manual.
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 20.13.49.png

So, hopefully @hoot noticed where the flames were coming from. Just curious...

Yes ,I understand.

I sometimes see flames in front of the cat in my (different brand, no tubes) stove too. Without other flames reaching there, so they only exist in front of the cat (and behind the flame shield for me).

I think this can happen when there is a lot of fuel (gases) for the cat, it gets hot, and that ignites the gases right in front of it.

Reactions: yuryk