Lopi Large insert blowers not working.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Niro

Burning Hunk
Jul 13, 2021
Northern Westchester NY
Both blowers on my lopi large insert quit on me. I did change the Rheostat a few months ago so I doubt it's that. I also bypassed the power from the Rheostat and still no luck. I doubt that both blowers would go out at the same time. The unit is now only 2 1/2 year old. That should happen I don't think. They both spin freely and not stopped by dust and ash. I don't know what to do now. Thanks in advance for any help.

I would look at the switch and/or any wires in the system.

Ok I got a power tester on the wires and I see two wires going back along the side of the unit and one has power and one doesn't. They are wired inline to the Rheostat so I'm thinking that it's some kind of thermo switch back they that is stuck off.

I could bypass it but not sure if that's advisable.

The thermostatic snap switch should be checked. If that is not working the circuit will remain open and the blowers will not come on.