Lopi Leyden pellet stove fan problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polly83

Oct 24, 2015
Bucks county PA
Hi new to the forum. I'm having an issue with the exhaust fan. The stove it self is clean out, stack is clean, and I've open the side panel and made sure the exhaust fan and area was clean. So the problem I'm having is the exhaust fan is working during startup but when the main blowers fan turns on the exhaust fan stops or barley runs and the flames get very lazy and black. The stove will continue to run so if I see it happen I can flip the switch to off for a 20 seconds and back on and you can here the stove go back into start up and the exhaust fan comes right back on!! Any idea what's causing this issue?

The flame looks good during start up? Have you checked the copper fitting on top of the exhaust fan, leading to the vacuum switch?That gets plugged pretty fast on my stove, with certain pellets.

The flame looks good during start up? Have you checked the copper fitting on top of the exhaust fan, leading to the vacuum switch?That gets plugged pretty fast on my stove, with certain pellets.
Yes. At start up it looks great and I can adjust it with the pull rod on the bottom. When the flame started to go lazy I pulled the hose off the exhaust fan and blew really hard into it and the flame went back to normal and back to normal when I put it on. I put a paper clip down the copper fitting and the flame stayed lazy. Any idea?

Yes I replaced the door gaskets and no change.. But when I pulled the clear hose off the exhaust fan and blew real hard it started to work. So I think the part that clear hose goes to round metal with 2 wires going to it is bad. Anyone know what it's called and how much?

Just for S's and G's have you tried plugging it in to a different receptacle? One that is on a different circuit?
No because it worked for 5 years without a problem and know I think it might be the part the circle part that the exhaust clear hose goes to just have to figure out what it's called and see if I can buy one

That's your vacuum switch. If you think it's bad, take the 2 wires off the switch and wire them together. Then run the stove and see what it does. btw, you shouldn't blow back into the vacuum switch.

I'm having the same issue. Works fine on start up then goes slow/fast/slow/fast... I replaced both blowers last year, the convection blower bearings seized and the combustion blower motor was kinda ok but the blades were worn off. I can't find a good wiring diagram.

I'm having the same issue. Works fine on start up then goes slow/fast/slow/fast... I replaced both blowers last year, the convection blower bearings seized and the combustion blower motor was kinda ok but the blades were worn off. I can't find a good wiring diagram.
It's weird issue. The first year I got the stove electrical board had to be replaced. So now I'm having this issue. I will check on the pressure switch and see if that fixes it. I'll let you know if I find it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.