Lopi Leyden Venting issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KChallener

Feb 18, 2023
Meadville, PA
I have had a Lopi Leyden wood stove for 10 years. Fantastic until about a year ago and would not vent properly. Draft is fine (chimney cleaned, cap clear, draws hard when damper open). When in operating mode I have to keep the air vent mostly open to burn. This is a new feature... I always could run it on 2nd or 3rd line out and it would run hot. I replaced the combustor last year, and again it was good for 3 months. Now I am back to the same problem. I have l cleaned out the back, bedside the combustor and vacuumed the combustor to the extent I can. I did not pull the combustor. Anyone try to blow out the combustor or vent passage? Is there a way to access the air flow under the stove? Pull the combustor?

What's the moisture content of your wood? Has it been split and stacked for at least a year before trying to burn it?