Lopi Model X - Help Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

djohnson

Mar 27, 2022
Australia
Hi All,
I am doing some maintenance to my Lopi Model X and came across a piece that has fallen off. Seems to maybe be a cover that protects a hole in the shelf that the baffle sits on? The hole seems to extend down and I assume then is connected to some tubes that finish near the front doors. There is access for air to flow through this space from within the fire (below the baffle). Anyone know anything about this?? Seems like some modification has been done by others. Maybe to clean gunk out from within the area?

So I'm thinking of just putting a plate over the hole. Mainly because the void in behind would fi up with gunk over time. What are peoples thoughts?
Thanks,
Dan

20220327_151717.jpg 20220327_151723.jpg 20220327_151729.jpg 20220327_151736.jpg 20211102_195451.jpg 20211102_195503.jpg

Have you tried contacting Travis Industries/Lopi?

Yes I tried contacting them. They don't know much about it other being able to see that the part is maybe called 'Bi Metallic Air -Wash'. But can't comment on exactly how it was positioned etc. And the part is obviously no longer available

So this seems to confirm that the hole joins up with the air wash at the front door. But I'm still unclear why this is connected to the area above the baffle. Maybe I had the baffle sitting in there incorrectly and it is supposed to sit over the top of this hole so air comes in to allow for secondary combustion (my baffle has been modified by previous owner so it's difficult to know how it was sitting in there).