Anybody Here Still Own A Pleasant Hearth WS-2417 Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

boatboy63

Feb 6, 2010
Northeastern TN
Here's the deal...I removed my secondary burn tubes and ceramic baffle from the top of my stove so I could clean my pipe from the roof down. At the time, I never really paid any attention to the secondary burn tubes. After finishing the clean and reinstalling everything inside the stove, I realized all 3 of my secondary tubes are different. It's hard to tell in the attached pic, but 1 tube has small diameter holes and only covers about 1/2 the firebox. I placed it in the back of the stove. Another tube has larger diameter holes and the holes extend all the way across the firebox. I put it in the middle. The 3rd tube has small holes and they extend all the way across the firebox. I placed it in the front. I have no idea how they are supposed to go. Looked at owner's manual and the only place they show them is in a side picture and it only looks like a hole. Furthermore, they are not listed in the parts list and the diagram showing the ceramic baffle shows 4 of the tubes instead of the 3 that my model has. I know there was a revision in my model and mine doesn't have the blanket in addition to the baffle also.

If anyone else has this stove and has kept track of the location for each of these burn tubes, could you please let me know. I contacted customer service with this question and blew their mind when I even mentioned secondary burn tubes. They wanted me to take a picture, email it in and they would share it with their tech dept to try and get an answer. I figured I would ask here since you guys know more than they do lol. TIA. Also, I am assuming that all the holes in these tubes face forward, even though the front 1 is within 2" of the front of the stove.

Stove.jpg

try it and see,won't blow up.see if secondary looks the same as usual,if not switch them.holes face forward
It works the way it is, but not sure it is right. Only had a couple fires so far this year, but don't really remember how it was last year. Getting forgetful in my old years lol.

I had one of these stoves. Smallest hole with the narrowest spread in the back; larger holes with the wider spread in the center; largest hole with the largest spread in the front. That is the way it was on mine. All holes face forward.

Looking at your photo, switch the front with the middle. But hey, experiment and run what works best for you.

I only ever removed the first tube. Then I could slide forward and tip, and slide out the baffle.

I had one of these stoves. Smallest hole with the narrowest spread in the back; larger holes with the wider spread in the center; largest hole with the largest spread in the front. That is the way it was on mine. All holes face forward.

Looking at your photo, switch the front with the middle. But hey, experiment and run what works best for you.
I did get an email back from them and you, sir, are correct. I have my front and middle tubes reversed. I will switch them back today before having to build a fire in it for tonight's cold snap.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Reactions: begreen