Lopi Pioneer Bay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tazz

Aug 17, 2013
western massachusetts
So they say that spring is here........not quite yet. I have been running this stove all winter now as the main heat source for the whole house and all I have to say is WOW what a great little unit. After getting this stove dialed in, which wasn't very difficult, I've just finished up my fourth ton. I used 3 tons of Turmans which the stove didn't really like and 1 ton of North Idaho Fir from Energy Logs which ran real well through the stove so I guess it will be soft wood from now on. Granted I know I was was asking a lot out of this stove to heat the whole house, other than the basement, I have been running it on High since it turned really cold out. The real nice thing is I only used a quater tank of oil this year. Other than regular maintance and learning the ins and outs the only thing I've had to replace is the door and window seals. Speaking of the seals this was the first time in my life that I've ever had to replace seals and I know that it just isn't quite right as the flame now is a bit lazy, not too bad but I know that I will have to take care of it at the end of the season. Is there any tips on how to do the glass seal for these Lopi"s? The door seal seems to be fine but since I know that I have to do the glass again I'll have more practice on the door seal.

Are you sure it is the door and glass seals? Have you checked other possible sources/gaskets? Have you cleaned the internal exhaust path and venting lately? Had to change from my normal softwood and the amount of ash from the last cleaning was crazy...

Softwoods burn differently than the hardwoods; have you made the adjustments? Usually require lower feed rate... My stove loves the softwoods but haven't been able to get any lately.:(

Pretty sure, this problem didn't start till I replaced those gaskets so it only leads me to believe that it must be one of those gaskets.

Did the old one (glass or door gasket) have a gap to facilitate air wash? Guess you'll have extra practice on gasket replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.