Lopi Pioneer Fan Won’t Go to High

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cobra1365

Jan 9, 2011
Delaware
Hello folks,
I have a Lopi Pioneer and two days ago the convection fan started making noise like a piece of a stray pellet got caught in the squirrel cage.
I shut off the unit and checked the fan. Initial resistance (minor) then it spun freely.
Now, when I run the stove, I don’t hear the normal shift into high after warm up. Usually, it will start the burn and after about five minutes the blower kick on higher.
I’ve looked to ensure both convection and combustion fans are running, and they are. But, now I can smell the stove getting hotter than usual and no high speed.
Checked both thermal discs. The “at high” dis on the hopper (yellow and white) is open with no resistance. The all white disc on the combustion fan is reading 0.5 ohms.

Seems coincidental to the noise. But, also seems more like a sensor since the convection fan is running, just not on high.

Ideas?

BTW, I tried manually changing fan speeds too...nothing.