lopi problem soot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davew

Feb 21, 2008
NEPA.
My pellet burner is creating black soot on window and all inside of unit. burn pot fills up and must be cleaned out daily. I did clean exahust and side panels. have tried differnt speeds wide open air vent. intake fan bad?....HELP...is there a # to contact lopi for help?

I would think you need to slow the feed rate down and/or add more air. The smoke is a result of improper burning. Too much fuel and not enough air for the fuel. Kinda like burning rich. Do your adjustments in small amounts. Is this an insert, or a free standing stove? Is it a direct vent or vertical vent? Vertical requires a little less air because of natural draw. A direct vent needs more vent opening because the draw is not as much as vertical. The stove blower is what is pushing the exhaust out. Have you change pellets lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.