Lopi Republic vs the Country Performer 210

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiff

Nov 13, 2013
west coast
Hi folks, I was looking at the Lopi Endeavor vs the Lopi Republic, but the Endeavor was a lot more money. The store carried the Country and Lopi models and am now comparing those two. Which way would you go on those two brands and models? I know the Country has the two tier deck but what about all other aspects of these stoves?

Thanks

Country will use a ceramic baffle board and does not have a by-pass damper. The Endeavor will have furnace refractory brick baffles and the by-pass damper. Both units have heavy duty construction and cold rolled steel bodies, however the Lopi will be heavier in weight and comes from a great manufacturer backed by 30+ years of R&D and are not an investment firm like Lennox is now (IHP). Replacement parts are sky rocketing through those guys, about 60% increase this year in just dealer cost alone. I guess you can catch my drift that the Lopi, whether it be the Endeavor or the 1750 Republic is a much better product. However the 1750 doesn't come with the by-pass damper...

The country stoves are well made, but not as good as Travis.

Get the Endeavor now so you're not kicking yourself down the road.

Depending on where you are on the west coast, Travis offers factory tours at their half a million square foot Mukilteo, WA facility.

If you are looking for an inexpensive medium size stove, I would suggest to wait a few months to see if Englander will come out with their new one over the summer. Here is a picture:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...6-4-7-on-the-mall.112056/page-12#post-1577545
It has a 2.45 cu ft firebox, ember protection as hearth only, Englander has great customer service and good-built quality. Plus, a new "automatic" air control system:

Brother Bart:"The main thing is setting the air control where you prefer for the burn and then twisting it to open up higher startup air. Then when the stove gets up to temp it drops back to your preferred primary air setting automatically. Kinda like Quads ACT except it is temp controlled, not just a timer."

Rumored to be less than 1K.

Status
Not open for further replies.