Lopi Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tweakes182

Jan 19, 2017
CA
Looking at buying this stove, since the fireplace in the new house wont draw with new doors and windows. Have plenty of wood in the arborist business, so this would be better than breathing smoke all the time.

Can anyone id? Current owner doesn't know the model, but says it is a Lopi

Thanks in advance!

1_zpswslxs4vs.jpg 3_zpsjmpwtu9t.jpg 2_zpsoty2x00f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nothing like any Lopi I've ever seen. More like a Buck knock off. I'd pass, for a certainty!

We throw units like that out all the time, only worth scrap value in opinion.
What's the fireplace setup like? Maybe the smoke issue can be addressed? It likely can.

Looks nothing like any Lopi I've ever seen. More like a Buck knock off. I'd pass, for a certainty!

We throw units like that out all the time, only worth scrap value in opinion.
What's the fireplace setup like? Maybe the smoke issue can be addressed? It likely can.

I have used several LOPI stoves in the past and been happy with them but I did not recognize this one either.

House was built in 1957 windows were all redone about 10years ago. Ever since then it has been a struggle to get it to draw well. You have to open multiple windows.

I have never been to fond of fireplaces just not very efficient. We would like to put in some kind of an insert with blower. At this time don't want to do too much construction with a fire place or mantle tear out.

An insert is always a better option. That's not a Lopi though. Keep looking, you'll find an EPA certified stove.

Thanks for the info! Been in the firewood/arborist business for years, but but moved into a house instead of an apartment.

Do you by chance know if Buck made a 74000 model? Found a different stove (actually a buck), but the owner says is it a 74000, though it looks to be a 26000/27000/28000