Lopi Yankee Bay convection blower help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ugotit22

Feb 25, 2015
ct
Hi everyone

So I bought a house last Jan and it came with this stove. The old owners really neglected it and its starting to show. When I gave it its first full cleaning and took it apart I had a brick of soot stuck in the exhaust blower area.
Anyways I have been having an intermitted issue this season. Randomly after the stove is very hot and been on for a few hours the convection blower will just stop and not start up again unless I turn off the stove then start it back up after its cooled.
I read it may need to be oiled so this morning I took it all apart with he hope of oiling it. Well the yellow plugs broke apart the second I touched them so oiling it is out. Instead i decided to clean it. The blades where impacted dirt. After a good scrub i put everything back together. However when I started it back up the convection blower is now much louder and is giving almost a rattling sound the high you put the fan speed.
Any thought?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.