Lost link to electric wall heater

georgepds Posted By georgepds, Feb 17, 2015 at 3:34 PM

1. georgepds

georgepds
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 25, 2012
    A couple of days ago someone posted a type of resistance/IR heater that nested in the corner between the wall and the ceiling. The idea is it’s slightly easier to install. ( I’m not sure if it was a quartz heater or not)
    Alas, I’ve lost the link.. if anyone knows of such a device, please post the link

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. semipro

semipro
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2009
    Loc:
    SW Virginia
    Bump.
    I've never seen one like that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Grisu

Grisu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Chittenden, VT
    You don't mean a mini-split heatpump, do you?

[​IMG]

4. woodgeek

woodgeek
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 27, 2008
    Loc:
    SE PA
    Grisu likes this.
  5. Dobish

Dobish
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2015
    Loc:
    Golden CO
    i know this is an older thread, but were these installed? Any feedback on them?

6. georgepds

georgepds
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 25, 2012
    Not me, I'm still relying on the heat pumps and wood stove

The progress hybrid uses considerably less wood than the old Jotul smoke dragon. It's been 3 or 4 years now and I just buy 2 chords come spring, I used to buy 4

I suppose when I get into my 70s or 80s I'll get tired of hauling those 2 chords around, and look again to easy heat