Lots of auger problems this year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfarm

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
This is only my 2nd season on the site and it sure seams like everyone is having a lot of auger problems this season.

I know we had a jam earlier in fall.

This is only my 2nd season on the site and it sure seams like everyone is having a lot of auger problems this season.

I know we had a jam earlier in fall.
Becoming a "wood pellet dealer" is a very easy thing to do. It has very little entry barriers and anyone with a forklift and a rainy parkinglot can now become a wood pellet dealer. Wood pellets, irregardless of how well they are handled, will become compromised if they sit outside for prolonged periods of time. "Weather-compromised" wood pellets will bind up an auger tighter than processed cheese will bind up my aunt Mildred. Pellets sitting outside that seem like a bargain are not such a bargain after a $300 auger motor replacement.

You better hope your aunt mildred is not a member here. :p

I always hear mine breaking pellets but it been running good.

No problems here (knocking on wood) …yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.