Lots of stoves on CL...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Never seen that many on CL in our area. Must be about 15 of various brands, some with pellets even. I'm suprised. Some good prices too.

Even some local corn at 10 cents a pound 14-15 RM.

Fuel costs down so people don't want the hassle or upgrading to a better stove? Some of the ones for sale in northern Minnesota are just sad ... no clean-up attempt prior to taking those photos.

All the ones listed on the local CL site were also in need of some TLC.... actually, most CL listings are items in need of TLC and some are beyond TLC.

Fuel costs are definitely tanking (pun intended)......

Gas here was just over 2 bucks a gallon this morning so I presume heating oil is way down too. OPEC 'thinks' they can crush shale oil production by dumping their oil, I believe that will backfire as we have more known reserves than they do. The USA and Canada are the new OPEC........

I'm really hoping to get a nice craigslist score on a new stove come spring.
Ditto. If not sooner... Love them lazy folks and their desire for propane fireplaces!

We are in early stages of thinking about buying a different house in next year or two, and if no Nat gas one of my criteria is that we put in another pellet stove, so must have adequate storage for inventory.

Ditto. If not sooner... Love them lazy folks and their desire for propane fireplaces!

We are in early stages of thinking about buying a different house in next year or two, and if no Nat gas one of my criteria is that we put in another pellet stove, so must have adequate storage for inventory.

It's funny thing too, you hardly ever see nice wood stoves up for sale on craigslist because people already know the work involved with that before they make the plunge. Pellet stoves on the other hand, you come across tons of them "barely used" "used one season" and so on.

Reactions: Wilbur Feral
I really think some people use them till the stove croak from lack of cleaning. It's like oh, I had no idea you had to clean these things like that. Then they dump them. Others put up with some marginal cleaning but then with oil looking more inviting, they just bail.

Gas here was just over 2 bucks a gallon this morning so I presume heating oil is way down too. OPEC 'thinks' they can crush shale oil production by dumping their oil, I believe that will backfire as we have more known reserves than they do. The USA and Canada are the new OPEC........
Yes we indeed are sitting on those kinds of reserves, and natural gas too. That's why it's so disgusting when we get burned with the phony high oil costs and shortages etc.. Phony in the sense there is No need for any of it, except "men" deem it so.

Still $2.70 here for gas.

Pellet stoves are still at high prices for 8-10 year old stoves. A lot of them on CL are from people that buy used stoves, recondition them then sell them again. However, when I just looked, there are a couple on there that seem to be decent prices from (although, who knows what shape the insides are).

Oh yeah, plenty of wood stoves on there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.