Recommendations For Pellet Stove Burlington CT, Coming Over From The Dark Side

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
6,790
Long Island, NY
Evening all.

Long time wood burning member, now considering a pellet stove for an additional space in daughters home in CT.

Space

[Hearth.com] Recommendations For Pellet Stove Burlington CT, Coming Over From The Dark Side

I'm looking at stoves on the lower price range as house is going on the market in the spring. Lower level in the mountains, insulated. Regency i2500 upstairs heats that entire 2000 sf space (wood burner).

To the right of the area marked "storage" is a cement based hearth with tile top about 3' X 3". Looks to me like clearance to combustibles would be OK. 110V access available. Exterior wall is studs, not cement. I'll get location pics of both interior & exterior.

I understand hopper size relation to burn time, venting, soft wood vs hard wood pellets (mixed reviews on both ) , etc.

Looking at big box stoves and looking for local installers. We'd feel better about pro install.

Thoughts?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Burnin Since 1991
When she moves, does the pellet stove stay or go to the next house? What floor is the proposed stove location. Above ground?

If the stove stays, box store stove. If it goes with her, then something that will last a good long time. My .02
 
Stove stays, is why I'm looking big box, Tractor Supply (good pellet prices for around here, too).

Insulated basement walls (Unknown thickness, 3" at least that I can tell ) & sheet rocked / finished, ceiling tiles and tongue & groove. Some insulation (3" or so ) underneath above sub floor. Outside access (multiple ) to basement.

FYI, I am now occupying this space, don't want to freeze my 🫏off, ya know ? :)