Love this time of year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a view of the water just above the treeline?

We have had real good results this year, except for tomatoes...we have a ton of them, but they are all green....when are these bay boys gonna start ripening? (I guess I am having similar results as some of the folks on the board from Maine)

SolarAndWood said:
Isn't that a view of the water just above the treeline?

Yeah, problem is that the trees keep growing taller. And doug firs can get a lot taller. We have a better view from the house, especially the second floor, but it's not as good as it was 10 years ago. The land across the road has been deeded to a land trust to protect it. Good for the area and wildlife, so I put up with the view getting slimmer. However, the alders are at end of life and are starting to fall so there is a bit of hope.

daveswoodhauler said:
when are these bay boys gonna start ripening? (I guess I am having similar results as some of the folks on the board from Maine)

They are starting to ripen here.

Attachments

• 080210tomatoes.jpg
    080210tomatoes.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.