LP fireplace blower cycles off and on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

barlow96

Dec 16, 2016
pa
Hey first post here, I did a lot of research and could not find any answers. My gas fireplace blower will only stay on for about 10-15 minutes, cycle off for about 10 minutes and then cycle back on. I bypassed the thermal switch thinking this was the problem, but the blower will still do the same. I am on my third blower (the same brand and type) and the problem persists. I am thinking of switching to a different blower, but wanted to get some opinions if this is normal operations with most blowers. By the way I was thinking of going with this type of blower in the future.

http://www.fireplaceblowersonline.c...r-lennox-and-superior-fireplaces-details.aspx

Thank you in advance.

Sounds to me like it could be in the junction box.
Have you tried plugging the blower into a different power source?
Did it exhibit the same symptoms?

I wonder if you have an automatic fan limit switch. That will turn your fan on and off by temperature. It could be failing, out of calibration or need to be adjusted if it allowed.