Lucky Fall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinlp

Aug 9, 2006
Hyde Park, NY
This tree must be very excited to get into the stove... It fell down right next to my splitting pile. You can see the remained 10 ft standing in the background. Nothing huge but big enough to hurt and big enough for 4-5 pieces per round. It was on my list to take down this fall as a large branch had fallen off it recently. The tree isn't rotten. Nice and solid and dead.

Attachments

• DCP_2485a.JPG
    DCP_2485a.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 649
Kevin said:
This tree must be very excited to get into the stove... It fell down right next to my splitting pile. You can see the remained 10 ft standing in the background. Nothing huge but big enough to hurt and big enough for 4-5 pieces per round. It was on my list to take down this fall as a large branch had fallen off it recently. The tree isn't rotten. Nice and solid and dead.
Yep , its an offering from the "tree gods" You'll just have to burn it . That was an odd spot to fall .

Wow. That's more convenient than the free wood I received that was dropped off curb-side.
Doesn't get much better than that. Best of all, it chose to fall at a time when you weren't under it!

Looks like there's another one just waiting for you about 10' to the right.

Yeah, I've got about 10 - 15 30ft trees that are dead and waiting to come down. Hopefully, I'll get the time this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.