Lucky score. About as easy as it gets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodpileOCD

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
Not long ago I was leaving for work and a neighbor was having a standing dead pine taken down. When I got there it was on the ground and already bucked up. The were going to take it to the landfill so I pointed to my yard two doors down and asked if they wanted to dump it there?
Long story short, when I got home it was there and I got my Fiskars and split it where it lay. Measured about 22% and split very easy. It's pine but for about 5hours work I can heat my house for a month next year. It's about 2/3 cord. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362489282.876101.jpg

EZ-PZ, nice score. It will be nice & dry by next year 4 sure.

Can't beat that! :cool:
Any idea what kind of Pine it is? I've got some Red that I'm using for kindling, and a neighbor just took down a Spruce that I'm going to grab a bit of. Got a dead Red in the yard that needs to come down at some point...

Pine has its place in the woodstack.....great score! Good stuff to have for a hot, quick fire and for using in mixed loads. I really like using pine in the maple syrup evaporator, and in the summer in the firepit. Cant beat the sparks and pops on a starry summer night!

Jackpot Woodpile.....that will serve you very well
like Scotty said and we all have to remember.........if you don't want to burn it straight then mix it

One piece of pine amongst other hardwoods in a stove is a nice thing. Works like an accelerant.

EZ wood better than Hardwood in some cases . LOL :)

nice score ;)

Heck that's great, I always have pine on hand if I can. Great for quick fires and I use it outside

I would suggest a top cover, almost seasoned pine will soak up
rain water.
Good idea. I'll probably do that as I've been trying to top cover some this year anyway. It's not punky by any means and the bark has mostly fallen off.

I'm building a woodshed finally this summer and this will Have its own space at 1 end. I just need about three more deals like this and I'll be all set.

Nice score Woodpile!

Status
Not open for further replies.