Lyme, Really???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Start drugs tomorrow.

*grumbles alot*

How did ya know ya had it?

ugh. Sorry to hear it dix. Thankfully the treatment is quite effective anymore.

How did ya know ya had it?

About 10 tick bites (those mothers itch like crazy) this year... dug a small on out of my left shoulder ( I thought it was a pimple... quite yucky when a bug was in my fingernail), saved it for prosperity in some scotch tape. The MD who I adore, she looked at it and said... there ya go. Pulled blood, but started me on the drugs any ways. Said she has seen to much of it this year not to prescribe the drugs.

Achy, knees hurt, shoulders hurt, hot flashes & chills ( and I'm done with hot flashes for 2 years...so something wasn't right)

Red marks around the tick bites that I got 2 weeks ago, it goes on and on.

Yuck! I'm sorry to hear this. Sure hope the treatment is quick & effective. Rick

Had it 5 times, last time about 7 years ago. You can do it and if you are on doxycycline stay out of the sun.

Had it 5 times, last time about 7 years ago. You can do it and if you are on doxycycline stay out of the sun.
Your location is Old Lyme... kinda ironic, no? :p

Hope you get better Dixie.

Get well soon Dix.

Hope your feeling better soon Dix.

zap

Feel better Dix....I am on Doxycycline now....I hate that pill!

I've found a lot of ticks on me and my family this year. So far I've got them off before they bit. Hope you get well soon.

Well, I won't repeat the horror story of a fellow I worked with, who is still suffering. Take care and I hope all goes well, it sounds like you got to it early, which my co-worker did not.

I use all of Young Living essential oils. Pure you can even ingest them. Purification works great for ticks. I put about 10 drops in a spray bottle with water, spray my cutting chaps, my dogs legs etc.Non Toxic. They just came out with a roller applicator that goes on their bottles so you can roll it on instead. I've put a drop right on a tick and it kills it in about 10 minutes... Go to the "OILYVET.com. You can buy from her wholesale. She's got some super information on using the oils on all kinds of animals. You can also sign up for courses and join for a monthly fee , to get access to all her treatments of animals with oils. Horses too. I also read the taking oregano oil in a capsule form internally on a daily basis, will destroy the Lyme virus. She only only uses the Youngs Oils, they're the best. Read the news letters on her site. I feel I was fortunate to find her site. I just ordered her vet reference manual on treating animals with essential oils. I found I can even use alot of the products for our chickens as well, cool stuff and no toxic chemicals. I also place a order once a month and sell to friends as well at my cost. I have a minimum to order each month to keep my membership with Youngs, so the more that's ordered the better. Hope this gives you some good insight into taking control of your health and your animals.
PURIFICATION OIL (PURIFICATION Essential Oil Blend)

3399.jpg
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Description: An antiseptic blend formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke, and disagreeable odors. When applied directly to the skin, Purification may be used to cleanse and soothe insect bites, cuts, and scrapes.

How to Use PURIFICATION OIL (PURIFICATION Essential Oil Blend): Diffuse, apply topically, or put on cotton balls to place in air vents of home, car, hotel room, and office. Diffuse and rub on feet during cleansing.

Ingredients: Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis), melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia), lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida), and myrtle (Myrtus communis).

Size: 15 ML Code: 3399 Customer Price: Only $23.36 Wholesale: $17.75

Your location is Old Lyme... kinda ironic, no? :p
From my adjoining town
Lyme disease was first recognized in 1975 after researchers investigated why unusually large numbers of children were being diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in Lyme, Connecticut, and two neighboring towns. The researchers discovered that most of the affected children lived and played near wooded areas where ticks live. They also found that the children's first symptoms typically started in the summer months, the height of the tick season. Several of the patients interviewed reported having a skin rash just before developing their arthritis. Many also recalled being bitten by a tick at the rash site.

I hope you get better there, lady. The country is on the verge of a major epidemic with these ticks, it isn't going to go away til they start spraying to kill them. The invasive bugs are exploding in this country (all the different tree borers, mosquitoes, deer flies, ticks, chiggers, etc.) but nothing is being done about it. I just find it very, very hard to believe that they can clone sheep and mimic DNA, but they cannot find cures for these diseases......or insecticides (hell maybe even a birth control-type spray that can affect only certain kinds of bugs like ticks and mosquitoes). Modern science is just too worried about the Mayans coming in December (oh wait, they debunked that one), and other more important projects (cloning sheep so we don't run out of wool). Sorry for the rant, I just get pi$$ed off when I hear another person is suffering from something that just shouldn't be. Stay with the antibiotics and keep us posted Dixie........Godspeed to a full recovery.

Big honking pills, geez !!

Thank you, everyone. I think it's early enough. Dr M said she thought so, as well.

Horses get Lyme, Dennis, big time. It can be debilitating, even deadyl.

Basic info :

http://www.netpets.org/horses/healthspa/lyme.html

Horse react weirdly to ticks and tick bites The tick usually gets surrounded by the flesh and it's a huge welt. You have to dig it out. Gross.

Sorry to hear you got the lymes Dix, that sux. My niece got it a while back, no fun. Take good care of yourself and the four footers too. Hope it's all a memory very soon.

Hope you're better soon. Close friend had it last year and it has cleared up for him...very similar symptons, well except for the hot flashes. :)

One thing the Doc told him is to not even think about drinking any alchohol while on the drugs. Basically told him he would wind up in the ER if he had even just 1 beer....he never tested it.

If you are taking the Doxy Dix....make sure you take it with a friggin lot of water. I took one today and did not drink enough and think it got stuck...then got terrible heartburn.;sick
I hate those pills dammit.:mad:

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.