M55 Adjustable auger cover serial number info ( for anyone interested) and access to.... question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
After talking to Sherwood Ind/Canada who directed me to the US Northeast dist. in Randolph MA. I was able to confirm that if you're M55 serial number is higher than 230348, than you have the adjustable auger cover. Mine is higher and being virtually out of pellets I was able to carefully get my iPhone in the hopper, take a couple of pics and confirm that it is adjustable. It is set in the middle position with the ability to go up or down two notches. For what it's worth, I was told that if I plan on burning mostly high BTU pellets ( like the Vermont softwoods ) I should set the cover plate in the lowest position.....This brings me to figure out how to access the auger. I have the M55 insert! I plan on pulling it out this evening, but need to know if I remove the side panel...Right of left side? Or, is there a top panel? Appreciate any help on this! When I refilled the hopper (I had to vacuum out the remaining pellets) I was able to put 56 pounds in! It was filled to the brim plus! Thanks, Bill

After pulling out the stove, you will need to remove the metal cover which is on the back of the stove. This is how you get access to the hopper. It takes about 10 screws or so.

It will look like this after you remove it...

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 268
Thanks Flynfrfun....very helpful ! Hope to do in the next day or two. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.