M55 burn pot mod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Ok, so I came up with my mod after checking out the stickys. So far after about 4 hours burn, I am only getting a couple of pellet spill through. in this case it's not over the top but in the 1/2 circle indent below the agitator bar. I suppose one could tighten up the clearance...but you don't want to get that close to the bar either. I didn't do the welding so it cost me about $53 bucks. But hear it is...1/8 x 1 inch weld/steel

Is the purpose of this to keep the unburned pellets in the basket? Let me guess....you like a big BIG fire in the pot!
Its to keep the ash in the pot. ;)

Reactions: smwilliamson
No....it's to keep the pellets in! Unless the M55 is on feed1, the pellets come out at a rate where lots of unburned or just starting to burn pellets, get shoved out by the auger.....Bill

Open the damper all the way, increase the combustion trim up, decrease the pellet trim down one and lower the gate in the hopper to 2 holes showing. Or...weld up wings on yer pot. FYI the ash is going to need to escape over those sides you have now obstructed. Let us know how it all works out for you though.

Honestly so far, I don't see any great reduction in ash in the ash pan, but I have seen a big drop in the amount of pellets being shoved out. The ash is getting pushed out on both sides in the center around the augur bar opening....

Status
Not open for further replies.