New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Ma,Taunton $219 a ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
Tsc in Taunton has a sale going on right now. Buy a ton and get 80c of each bag. Brings price down from $259 a ton to $ 219

Reactions: Hot Foot
What brand?

Mostly rebagged main woods. Some pure fire and another that just says hardwood pellet in a blue and white bag. Some North American in there too. Not the best of choices but the best price I've seen in a looong time. Sale goes till 31st

Mostly rebagged main woods. Some pure fire and another that just says hardwood pellet in a blue and white bag. Some North American in there too. Not the best of choices but the best price I've seen in a looong time. Sale goes till 31st
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
The plain blue and white bags: If they say 100% hardwoods on the side and NOT Hardwood blend, buy those. Check the barcode with iGepir app. If it comes back Dry Creek Products, buy them. I have some and they are HOT.

Reactions: Peterfield
The plain blue and white bags: If they say 100% hardwoods on the side and NOT Hardwood blend, buy those. Check the barcode with iGepir app. If it comes back Dry Creek Products, buy them. I have some and they are HOT.
The plain blue and white bags here are MWPs. The bar code scans to them.

At my local TSC the bag price is $5.39 which equates to $269.50. They give you $10 per ton off if you buy the ton so $259.50. The special goes like this. Buy 20-39 bags you receive $.40 off per bag. Buy 40 or more bags you receive $.80 off per bag. So here the price is $229.50 per ton. Not bad but not exceptional either....

At my local TSC the bag price is $5.39 which equates to $269.50. They give you $10 per ton off if you buy the ton so $259.50. The special goes like this. Buy 20-39 bags you receive $.40 off per bag. Buy 40 or more bags you receive $.80 off per bag. So here the price is $229.50 per ton. Not bad but not exceptional either....
229 per ton in Leominster MA, but they only have the 80/20 blend TSC pellets and Instant Heat-less. No thanks.

Stopped in there again today to see what they had for open pallets on the floor and it was a white bag with black lettering on it. They are Ozawa hardwood. $5.38 per bag. You gotta buy 30 or more to save 40 c a bag or 50 or more to save 80c a bag. I grabbed 4 to try in both my harmans

The $.80 off per bag for 40 or more bags ends tomorrow.....
I know that's what the sign says but I'd be surprised if it does. Taunton seems to be moving some pellets now that the price is down some. Honestly though their yard is a mess. I tried a few bags of the oz arks and liked em enough to go get some more. Was gonna split a ton with a bud but didn't see a decent ton of em in the yard. A lot of damaged pallets soaked in water and frozen solid the day I was there. Shame realy. Open pallet in store had swollen bags and standing water

Status
Not open for further replies.